Arti Dogra is an IAS officer who was born in July 1979 and is from Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. She had cleared the UPSC service examination in 2006 and cleared it in her first attempt. She had proved that one should admire other people’s skills and talents and not their outer beauty.
Arti Dogra IAS Wiki/Biography
When Arti was born, her mother and father received the news that she was not a normal child. They told them to send her to a special school. But, on the other hand her parents had supported her in every aspect of life. She had always tried to serve the country and that’s when she appeared for UPSC. She had never felt that she was different from normal people and that positiveness kept her dreams and goals high. Let’s jump into the biography and journey of such an inspiring person.
Arti Dogra was born in July 1979, in Dehradun. She is now 41 years old. She is the daughter of Colonel Rajendra and Kumkum Dogra who is a school principal. Arti did her schooling in Welham Girls School and then went to Delhi to study at Lady Shri Ram College, University of Delhi. She passed out from college with an economics degree. Then, she again went to Dehradun for post-graduation.
Arti Dogra Posting and Current Posting
- In the early phase, IAS Arti Dogra served as collector of Ajmer district of Rajasthan and as the managing director of Jodhpur Discom.
- She was the first-ever female IAS official to serve as the administration chief (MD) of Discom (Distribution organization) Jodhpur-Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.
- She has served as both local judge (DM) and sub-area gatherer/officer (SDM) of Ajmer.
- Then, she served as the regional political race official and DM of Bundi and Bikaner of Ajmer.
- In 2018, she served as the joint secretary to the main clergyman of Rajasthan, Mr. Ashok Gehlot.
Arti Dogra Awards and Recognitions
- Arti Dogra received the National Award in 2019 from President Ram Nath Kovind, with Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad as an afterthought, for her work as the District Election Officer in the Ajmer get-together judgments of 2018.
- While serving as DM of Ajmer, she became Vasundhara Raje Scindia’s (past CM of Rajasthan) favourite official. Ms. Scindia admired her desire for better management. Mr. Ashok Gehlot, the present Chief Minister of Rajasthan, is a fan of her, as is our Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- She received the ‘Daughters are Precious Award’ in Rajasthan.
- She was also honoured during Rajasthan’s fourth rendition of the Healthcare Summit, which was held in Jaipur in January 2018 and was themed “Little Girls are Precious.” In addition, she has been perceived and awarded several opportunities at the state and public levels.