Devi Sri Prasad is an Indian music composer, playback singer and lyricist in Telugu and Tamil films, currently residing in Hyderabad, Telangana.
Devi Sri Prasad was born on 2nd August 1979, in Vedurupaka, Andhra Pradesh to G Satya Murthy(father). But brought up in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Childhood, Family & Personal Life
Devi Sri Prasad Family photo
He has two siblings, a younger brother named Sagar, a sister named Padmini Priya Sagar.
Devi Sri Prasad with his guru Mandolin U. Shrinivas
- Schooling: Venkata Subba Rao, T. Nagar, Chennai
- Graduation: BBA degree, Chennai
Devi started his career with Non-movie albums ‘Dance Party‘ and ‘Mr. Devi‘.
Movie Debut: DSP’s debut movie was through Devi (1999), Telugu devotional film directed by Kodi Ramakrishna. It was a sweet coincidence that his debut movie had his name in the title.
Bollywood Debut: Ringa Ringa of Telugu was used in Dhinka Chika of the movie Ready. the tune instantly became popular.
- In 2014 he toured US & Canada singing Tamil & Sings.
- He doesn’t drink & doesn’t smoke. When he goes to pubs & disco his company would be sleeping and he would still be enjoying music
- He has won many Filmfare Awards in Best Music Director category
- Devi Sri Prasad is multi-talented personality, he has tried choreography & Moive direction as well.
- He became a music director at the age of 17. He was creating music even in High school.
- His father died of heart attack in december 2015.
- He is one of the rare Telugu film personalities who is a star figure despite not being an actor.
- His family is full of music fans, his father, mother are all music enthusiasts.
- He is believed to have dated actresses Charmi and Mamatha Mohan Das.
- He is reported to take 2.5 to 3 Core INR for a movie
- Once DSP worked continuously for 20 hours and composed music for 2 songs.
- So far he has composed music for more than 75 movies.
- DSP & Tamil actor Suriya are close friends, DSP says “Surya is like a brother to me”
- He was into painting too as a kid.
- After 12th standard he wanted to join visual communications. Some of his photos have appeared on covers of magazines.
- If not a musician, Devi would have become a photographer