Emma Heesters a Dutch singer has been creating buzz after she sang an English cover of the viral Sri Lankan song Manike Mage Hithe.
Heesters imbibed the spirit of the song without making much changes to its melody and the general vibe.
She tagged the original singer of the track while sharing the video of her English cover on social media. The viral version of the song in Sinhala has been sung by singer-rapper Yohani.
The song actually dates a little back to 2020 when it was produced for the first time by Chamath Sangeeth. In July last year, rapper Dulan ARX and singer Satheeshan recorded the single. The song was also translated into Malayalam and Tamil languages because of the wide popularity of the song in India.
Who Is Emma Heesters?
- Born in the Netherlands, Heesters was brought into a family of a music teacher and she always connected with music in her childhood.
- She practiced singing under the guidance of her mother. After she got done with her education, she started to regularly upload her musical covers on YouTube.
- So far, she has over four million subscribers on the video streaming platform.
- In 2019, she was awarded MTV Push Award for her performance.
- She also won the Platinum status for her single track Pa Olvidarte with Rolf Sanchez.
- She was also seen in a song by a band named Boyce Avenue. She also collaborated with them on their European tour.
- She also took to television performing in Beste Zangers a Dutch television program, the web series Jachtseason of StukTV, and the game show, I Can See Your Voice.
- She was also the winner of MTV EMA’s best Dutch act in November 2020.